My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lord?

“It was nothing more and nothing less than a simple meeting of Paul with Jesus. That ended Paul's struggle; that ended his resistance. From that day on this remarkable man became a bond slave of Jesus Christ; he was mastered by Jesus. There in Jesus he met God; he met the Son of God; he met Someone who had a complete claim on his life. He met his Creator - his Savior - his Mediator.

There was no longer any argument or room for discussion. He laid down his life at Jesus’ feet, and said, “Lord, I'm Yours. What do You want me to do? What are Your orders? I'm Yours.” He had never called Jesus "Lord" before that time, but in that one word you see Paul's transformation.” – Paul Lindell

Talk to God for just one second, but all I want you to say is, “Lord.” It’s a powerful word, if you really think about the meaning of what you are saying. When we allow God to be the Lord of our life, we’re asking to be his servants. That’s some tough stuff. Who wants to be someone else’s servant, and yet how many times do we want the answers and direction to everything. “Will someone just tell me what I should do with my life?” “Should I date/marry this person?” “Should I do thing A or thing B?”

A few minutes ago, I said to God that one word, “Lord.” For some reason it was powerful, because I understood it in the terms that Paul understood it. That it’s not a light title we banter around like Ms., Mrs., Sugar-pants, whatever. It’s not a statement, it’s a request that God will take control. That he is in control. And it’s not easy to say. It may take some practice, and even then it will be a long time before any of us master it. But God is good and he will take the responsibility of being our Lord seriously. He will not leave us, nor forsake us. He is a good Lord and Master, if we just allow him to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fostered eradication pace isaiahs concerned against urlandsbraut intact indians celgene ours
lolikneri havaqatsu

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home