My Photo
Name:
Location: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru

Having mastered the University of Montana's IYFD program, I journeyed to Peru with the US Peace Corps. Currently, I'm discovering Peru while living in the gorgeous Andes mountains in beautiful Ancash. Come visit!

Monday, February 28, 2005

An Active Listener

Psalm 4

Answer me when I call, O God of my right!
You gave me room when I was in distress.
Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer.

How long, you people, shall my honor suffer shame?
How long will you love vain words, and seek after lies? Selah
But know that the Lord has set apart the faithful for himself;
the Lord Hears when I call to him.

When you are disturbed, do not sin;
ponder it on your beds, and be silent. Selah
Offer right sacrifices,
and put your trust in the Lord.

There are many who say, "O that we might see some good!"
Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord!"
You have put gladness in my heart
more than when their grain and wine abound.

I will both lie down and sleep in peace;
for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety.

What an active God we serve? Look at all this descriptions of his doing...
- gave me room
- set apart the faithful
- hears when I call
- his light shines on us
- puts gladness in our hearts
- keeps us safe
I know sometimes that God can seem distant. I've experienced many seasons in my life in which I wondered where God was and what he was doing. And Psalm 4 says that God gives us room in our distress, but he's also gracious to us and hears our prayers. Nothing we do is in vain when we do it with awareness of God. All we need to do is "offer right sacrifices and put our trust in the Lord" (vs 5). He "puts gladness in our hearts more than when grain and wine abound" (vs 7). So when I'm feeling "yucky" without reason, or tired, or I can't see God working in my life and the lives of those around me, I must trust in him who is trustworthy. For "he hears me when I call to him" (vs 3).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my venison and potato dog food site.
Have a great week!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home